Raspberry jam made easy
Our grannies have done it all. Our mothers may already be rare, and in my Generation it's kind of, many have gone out of fashion. Jam home canning. Very pity, because raspberry jam is faster prepared than some of the main meal. A 30-minute dish, so to speak,😉 .
• Directly to the recipe • recipe •print
Why is that, exactly? Because we have forgotten how simple or never could? Because there is a superstition which says, jam is canning insanely complicated? Even better, insanely time-consuming and tedious? Because it is in the supermarket almost hit the end of selection of raspberry jam? You can even buy the vegetable farmers jam? So why do it yourself?
RASPBERRY JAM EVEN IS MADE EASIER THAN YOU THINK
I found for me, the answer. Therefore, this recipe is and the topic of the jam is a real affair of the heart for me. In addition to baking Christmas cookies is there for me no home enjoys the job as a jam – and in the middle of the summer. It evokes memories of carefree childhood days. On summer days, I have berries with my grandma in the garden-I picked. The post turning those Eat up which once they were in my Hand. With great exuberance, we have admired both of then at the big table, the yield. The common Selection is made or the decision taken: All the great washed, ready and in the pot!
WITH LITTLE INGREDIENTS FOR YOUR OWN JAM
Jam has to boil down for me, but only for nostalgic reasons. If I do, I know where the berries come I use. I bought it for myself, read, washed and brushed. I can bring my very personal taste based and particularly the sugar content, self-determine. There is jam Sugar with a ratio of 2:1, i.e. it takes on 1kg berries, 500g of sugar. Or 3:1, what means that you berries to 1.5 kg 500g sugar. The first number designates always the proportion of the fruits. In addition, it is a wonderful gift, because who doesn't love something homemade? There's a raspberry jam itself is made perfect.
Took me a few years ago my best friend back on the path of the "homemade jam" brought. One day, also on a beautiful summer day, she called me and said, "let's boil time together jam. I have discovered here around the corner so a great fruit grower“ ... you made that day, black currant, and I is the favorite jam of my men and me – raspberry jam. It's a beautiful, unforgettable afternoon and the fresh start was Canning my infatuation to the jam.
I would 😉 thrilled to preserve if You my simple recipe once again makes you want the summer and jam canning – no matter what .
With raspberries, you may still find lots of great stuff – let me inspire you with my sweet Tapas rolls with strawberries and raspberry cream , my juicy raspberry cake from the tray or my raspberry Dessert tart.
Raspberry jam made easy
RESULTS in APPROXIMATELY 1200 ML of JAM OR 6 jam jars À 200 ml
- 1000 g of raspberries - or other berries such as strawberries, blackberries, currants
- 500 g of jam Sugar - 2:1
- 1 TBSP lemon juice, freshly squeezed
YOU SCREW-ON LID GLASSES NEED CLEANING IN THE DISHWASHER OR EVEN IN THE WARM RINSE WATER
- First of all, You provide You with the purged jars of jam.
- The raspberries (or other berries) read and/or wash and then drain.
- Then You give the berries in a large saucepan and crush ' em up real you to a musigen mass with a potato masher.
- Now comes 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and the gelling Sugar to it.
- Everything , with Stirring, at high heat to a boil.
- Under constant Stirring the mass for at least 3 minutes to boil. I'm always almost exactly 3 minutes. To the best of his very long spoon, because the jam is injected at the bubble from time to time.
- Then You take the pot from the stove and 're foaming, if You want to, with a small screen, the foamy mass on the surface from the left has. This is only a visual thing.
- Then the jam to the brim in the prepared, clean screw cap jars to fill.
- You can fill it properly clean, so approximately 4 mm from the top of the glass.
- The filled jars of jam for about 5-10 minutes on the head, so that a vacuum forms. Be careful, the jars are very hot.
- Now You should the glasses let it cool and later store cool and dark. I open the first glass, by the way, usually two, three hours later, I just can't resist.