Potato noodle casserole with peas and ham
It may be strange in the real, pasta and potatoes may combine with each other, but for me it is one of the most delicious Compounds of the simple kitchen. Moreover, it has been around for ever. I know it is from the Croatian and Italian kitchen, there is the combination with potatoes and pasta in many different dishes.
• Directly to the recipe • recipe •print
Also in the Austro/Hungarian cuisine, you will find the two in the so-called "Grenadier March" again. In the court of potatoes and pasta (Pasta 😉 ) to be refined with, for example, bacon, Sausage, and onions. You see, it's not a culinary faux pas is potatoes to combine with pasta but in the simple home cooking already established a long time ago.
AS I CAME TO THE SIMPLE POTATO NOODLE CASSEROLE AM
The "Grenadier March" was also the Inspiration for my potato noodle casserole with peas and ham. To create paired with the claim once again an uncomplicated casserole, which I afterwards so many pots and pans. This is me in the evening kitchen is very important. The dishes should not ideally be longer than the cooking 😉 .
STRAIGHTFORWARD AND WITH A FEW POTS AND PANS THERE WILL BE
I wanted to count a One-Pot casserole to a maximum of Two-Pot-casserole, if the casserole form. Oh, no matter, who needs these new-fangled terms. The fact is, You cook all of Your cooking ingredients so that the potatoes, the pasta and the peas together in a large cooking pot that you are coming of course because of the cooking times consecutively inside. The Whole is poured, vermengst it with a cream-Egg mixture as well as ham, and it goes in the oven. If You are vegetarian, You can add the ham, of course, also leave.
IT'S JUST A QUESTION OF CONSISTENCY
My casserole with peas and ham is relatively average, so if You can rather give it a creamy and "liquid" like, You're still full of milk or more cream in the cream-Egg mixture. For a "käsigeren" taste my recommendation would be to cut 125 g Mozzarella cheese small and mix it with everything.
For more delicious casserole recipes are my simple cauliflower macaroni casserole with cracker-Parmesan crust , or my Spaghetti casserole with quick meat sauce.
Potato-noodle casserole with peas and ham
YOU WILL NEED A LARGE BAKING DISH WITH CA. 30x20 CM
- 800 g potatoes, waxy - small diced, about 1 cm
- 350 g short pasta (e.g. Cobbetti) - approx. 7-8 minutes cooking time
- 400 g peas, frozen - alternatively, broccoli, deep-frozen
- 300 g cooked ham (may be in one piece) - cut into cubes
- 250 g cream - min. 30% fat
- 100 g Crème Fraiche
- 4 Eggs - Size M
- 150 g Emmental cheese, grated - Alternatively, the middle ages Gouda
- 1 TSP granulated broth
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees upper/lower heat, preheat a large cooking pot with about 3 litres of water with a lid and bring to a boil, then 2 TABLESPOONS of salt and 1 TSP granulated broth add.
- In the meantime, the potato peel and cut into approximately 1 cm cubes cut.
- Then You give the potatoes to the boiling salt water and leave it alone for 9-10 minutes simmer.
- Then come the short pasta to the boiling water, according to package instructions for about 8 minutes.
- In the time of cream, Creme Fraiche and the eggs and mix, as well as with 1/2 TSP salt, a little nutmeg and pepper to season to taste. Ham cubes not forget.
- After the expiry of the pasta-cooking time, the TK-peas in the pot and lets it all together for about 3-5 minutes to draw.
- Then pour the pot contents into a large colander down, give it in a large greased baking dish and vermengst everything with the cream-Egg mixture and the ham. Once again, strong to taste seasoning.
- Now the cheese on it to distribute and on the second shelf from the bottom for about 20-25 minutes in the oven until everything is nice and Golden-yellow scalloped is.
- I wish You a good appetite!