Cauliflower macaroni casserole with Kräcker-Parmesan cheese
When cauliflower has a season I can't get past him. I liked him even as a child, and I'm still a big Fan. I love not only his looks and the name but also the delicious, nutty flavor. In casseroles I like cauliflower very happy, preferably together with the noodles and that's why I created my cauliflower macaroni casserole with a crunchy cracker-Parmesan crust that is quick to prepare.
• Directly to the recipe • recipe •print
The cauliflower I cook together with the noodles in a pot. The Inspiration came through a cook book by Jamie Oliver ("30-minute meals"cookbook). Two of the main ingredients done in a preparation step, that is practical and absolutely something for me and my simple kitchen.
I LIKE THE CAULIFLOWER PROCESSING
I cook shared the cauliflower already in florets. Jamie has quartered the cauliflower, and together with the macaroni cooked (without Hüllbläter and hard core of course). To put it boiling hot with the forks apart. I found the process is somewhat cumbersome, and the reason has not become clear to me, because the Bite is not affected, for my taste.
For a short macaroni, I decided, because my men and I like this very much and I found you because of the cooking time, also suitable for the casserole. But you can use any other noodle you like, as long as she is only 7-8 minutes cooking time. The cauliflower should not be too soft, unless You don't mind and You like that.
THE SIMPLE SECRET – THE DELICIOUS CRUST OF MY CAULIFLOWER MACARONI CASSEROLE
My absolute recipe Highlight is the way crust the crackers-Parmesan. I love crumbs and I love Crunchy crusts. Often crumbs from Ciabatta, dark bread or normal bread rolls can be made. I wanted them to be different but like once. As I stood in the supermarket in the course of "sin," i.e. the one with the Chips, Flips and other Goodies, I have the good old Ritz Crackers discovered. You I had lost so totally out of sight! And they are in fact just great for tasty crumbs. Also determines the 😉 of the competition .
As a side dish with my cauliflower macaroni casserole, I can put You in a green salad to the heart. It tastes delicious and makes the casserole to a full, healthy meal.
And If You like I cauliflower't get enough of can, then try out one of my side dishes-Variation of roasted cauliflower with garlic and lemon. Another delicious casserole with noodles is my potato-noodle casserole with peas and ham or my Spaghetti casserole with quick meat sauce.
Cauliflower macaroni casserole with cracker-Parmesan crust
YOU WILL NEED A LARGE BAKING DISH WITH CA. 30x20 CM
FOR THE CASSEROLE
- 1 cauliflower - medium-large
- 300 g macaroni, short - 7-8 minutes cooking time
- 200 ml of the pasta water
- 200 g Creme Fraiche
- 200 g Gruyère or Emmental cheese - freshly grated
- 50 g Parmesan cheese - freshly, finely grated
- 300 g cooked ham, cut into cubes - alternatively, raw ham
- 2 TBSP salt - for the boiling water
- 1 TSP olive oil - for cooking water
- 1 good pinch of salt and black pepper from the mill
- 1 knife tip nutmeg - freshly grated
FOR THE CRACKER-PARMESAN CRUST
- 28 Ritz Crackers
- 4 TBSP Parmesan cheese - freshly, finely grated
- 60 g Butter - melted
- 2 TBSP parsley, freshly chopped - for Garnish
- Salt black pepper - to Serve
FOR THE CRACKER-PARMESAN CRUST
- The crackers crumble. In a freezer bag with a rolling pin or in a food processor and chop.
- The melt the Butter and 4 TABLESPOONS of grated Parmesan cheese and the crumbled crackers , mix and deploy.
FOR THE CASSEROLE
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees top/bottom heat, preheating, and Your baking dish with Butter to grease and make it available.
- A large cooking pot with about 3 liters of water and fasten it to a boil , then place 2 TBSP of salt to add.TIP: It is expected, in principle, per 100g of pasta in 1 Liter of water and 7 g of salt. I give because of the cauliflower, but more salt. 2 TABLESPOONS are about 30g of salt.
- The cauliflower , the thick bracts and the hard part of the Strunks remove. Then, the cauliflower in quarters and the stalk of the cauliflower into quarters , cut out. So You almost florets forward and easier to share.
- Preferably, also the Gruyère and the Parmesan cheese RUB and deploy , as well as the cooked ham cubes or cut.
- The cauliflower and the short macaroni into boiling salt water and cook for 7-8 minutes to cook and the cooking time of the macaroni set. Always times again, stirso that the pasta is not on the land.TIP: Due to the amount of cauliflower and macaroni You into the cooking water give, the water does not equal more cooking/bubbling, and for a short Moment before it comes. However, as soon as everything is in the water, the cooking time, best at the end of the pasta to try again, and possibly even a Moment longer to cook. The cauliflower can take it.
- While the cauliflower with the macaroni is cooking, taking You to You towards the end of the cooking time 2 ladle of pasta water in Your baking dish. This corresponds to approximately 200 ml of the pasta water.
- At the end of the cooking time, add the cauliflower and the macaroni, drain and place in the baking dish to the pasta water. Vigorously with salt, pepper and freshly grated nutmeg, spice and stir.
- In connection with the Gruyère, the Parmesan, the crème Fraiche and ham, stir , and again as desired to taste.
- The Parmesan cracker mass sprinkle and place the baking dish in the preheated oven on the second Rail from below. For approx 8-10 minutes until Golden brown AU gratin.
- With fresh chopped parsley garnish and serve. I wish You a good appetite!